Koval Distillery, established in 2008, is located in the North End of Chicago. They are a 100% grain-to-bottle operation that sources their grains from an organic co-op in the Midwest. Their bourbon mash-bill consists of two grains: corn and millet. This is aged less than four years in 30-gallon, new charred barrels. All Koval’s whiskeys are bottled as single-barrel so slight variations will occur.
Tart mouthfeel with notes of dark fruits (cherry) on finish.
Their bourbon mash-bill consists of two grains: corn and millet.
Slightly bitter, maltiness.
Only 2 left in stockCompare
Koval, coming in at 47% ABV (94 proof) is a bourbon whiskey with the requisite 51% corn, but makes up the other 49% with the rather curious choice of millet grain. Only cutting in the “heart” of the distillate (meaning no heads or tails), it proves for a very clean expression. Their organic, unfiltered, single barrel approach also aids in creating a bourbon that is both a showcase for the grains and a nod to the craft whiskey renaissance we are so lucky to be experiencing right now in the US.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
To join the Whiskey club and get club specials on the new stock. As well as invitations to the occasional Whiskey Tasting.
*Don’t worry, we won’t spam our customers' mailboxes